Flight in Miami (Unedited) -- Running out of power

Beautiful flight in North Miami. I landed just as I was running out of power. Close call! You can see after I landed I press the controller all the way but I’m barely getting any power.

Forgot to turn my GoPro on for takeoff – sorry about that. Turned it on around 3 minutes into the flight. Total flight time was 19 minutes with 4 bonka batteries. All batteries were at 0%. One of the batteries puffed up a little, but I balance charged it and it seems to be ok.

Last flight was also 19 minutes but I still had around 8% remaining. This flight I climbed a lot higher to cross the water so that ate up the battery.

7 Likes

Nice flight! Loved the view.

1 Like

Ooof that was a bit sketchy flying over those large sections of trees and water, i’m not even that ballzy. If you looking for a bit more efficiency its good to maintain a steady throttle vs throttling up and down.

Looks like a fun spot though.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m getting used to trying to conserve power. I have to retrain my flying habits.

Those large sections of water and trees was why I was trying to get some altitude. There were a few emergency landing sites along the way.

Yay, Awesome, I am happy for you with your first (or one of the first) flights with the OpenPPG!

1 Like

Thanks! I love it!!! My first flight was just flying around that big field so I didn’t post it because it was less interesting

2 Likes

Wow! Great fight! Make sure you don’t get stuck out of juice and having to fight your way upwind back to the LZ. Good job David.

1 Like

nice one
who was flying with you – sounded like a Oppg as well
Cheers

That was @dario7 – he lives 10 minutes away from me

1 Like