First flight with my X4

I finally did it my first flights with the X4 !
It was a long time since I flew Paramotor en Man did it feel like the future with the 4 electric props !
I know my launch looks silly as I was leaning too much forward Bad habit from gliding + I need to get used to the trottle response after the flight i had more feeling with it.
I was a bit disappointed with the actual prop time, and they’re my question;

which indicator you guys use to check the battery status when you guys are heading for landing ?

Now i was looking for 45V to land, But this came rather quickly.

I’m looking The fly it with Parragliders so you can also enjoy a nice glide after you gain some altitude, here are used my ozone ultralight 4 as it is a very stable wing and also relatively fast, I also have a gradient Montana, and a dudek nucleon (gliding is not an option with this one)

Which gliders, do you guys use & recommend ?

Someone has a nice DC charger for the batteries (would be more efficient for a mobile home)

Looking forward to your replies

1 Like

Sadly flight time is not the X4’s strength. I watch the clock and shoot for 10-12 min flights with two pair of 6S bonkas or 15-18mins with three pairs. This leaves some power in the batteries for a go around and I’m not charging to 100% lately I’ve also been watching voltage but i know that will drop sharply at the end. You’re probably using 7S batteries which might give you a bit more time.

Welcome to Breakthrough Battery Tech Watchers Anonymous. :smile: Seriously the X4 is an absolute joy to own and operate. Hopefully soon there will be a leap in battery energy so we can operate more.

2 Likes

Hi! I asked myself the exact same questions and there are some answers in this post :

Enjoy every flight!

1 Like

The unfortunate thing is that a single larger propeller will always be more efficient, thus the focus on the SP140

2 Likes

Hi Siems,Pedro here …i hear afrikaans commentary on the video.Where are you based ?I am from Johannesburg.Would like to chat regarding your X4 and how you bought it.Have a keen interest in the X4.Thank you Pedro.

1 Like

Hey Pedro, that is not African but Dutch, I bought it here on the platform from a Dutchman, a fully finished package so I did not have to go through all the shipping etc

I love this particular system for torque becomes a no issue.
I wonder if anybody has tried this x4 configuration on a light trike.
A 30 minute X4 that can lift a 95 Kg pilot plus wheels would make my day.

I personally don’t have a trike, so I can’t say.
In this threat there was a person planning to do so;