Elctric-buzzard

I had not made another video about my OpenPPG for a while, so here it is. I hope you will like it.
I carried the whole thing through the forest for about a half mile. It fits neatly in my backpack.

Video: ELECTRIC BUZZARD - YouTube

Have a great day!

Phil

5 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Gary

Most welcome Gary:) I actually edited a second version of the same flight for a different mood. I will post it soon. Take care.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Do you fly with a flotation system, just in case? Curious.

I should, because in the mid 90’s I ran out of gas over the Pacific ocean close to the beach in Mexico and went in. I jumped out of harness before it hit the water and clearly remember my PPG flying overhead for a split second before I was engulfed by a giant 10’ high washing machine. All ended well for myself and my gear which had not sucked any gas (Japanese DK “beat” Boxer engine). I was back in the air the same evening. I am not taking the risk of placing myself in an unwanted situation. My past experience taught me a few things, and I trust my skills. A bunch of local PPG pilots around here (Long Island, NY) fly over the ocean all the time and do not wear a flotation devise or a reserve parachute - not saying they should not have a backup but that’s the way they do it - they know about the dangers but they were well trained and do not fly passively. Different state of mind guys fishing for bass, sunrise and flying - YouTube. Phil