Destination flying with openppg

Who is doing destination flights with their open ppg unit? A quick rip around the local field is nice, but is anyone using their unit to go explore destination sites?
An example might be a fly-in. Are people having satisfying/successfil fly-in experiences with just their open ppg unit, or are pilots finding that they are traveling with and flying a second ICE unit as well? How are people handling recharge/how successful are swaps so you don’t miss air time on destination flights/outings?

Thanks,
Aaron

We did a trip with an RV that we rented and it worked out really well. We parked out in some dunes but were able to keep the batteries filled up easily with the RV generator going for a few hours per day.

1 Like

Right on. How many hours and flights/day were you getting and what did your power bank set-up/ look like as far as what you were flying and what were charging for subsequent flights? Guessing you had 2 or more sets that you were alternating between flying and charging?

Thanks for all you two have put into this so far. I’m ppg curious (free flight since '05), but not at all a grease monkey. I’ve flown ICE units in the past, just can’t talk myself into it yet. I would anticipate ppg would be primarally a winter time get-a-fix activity for me. Your new (s4?) Single prop, longer run time project really has my attention.

Thanks,

Aaron