Dave UK Kit Arrival

Nice job, Dave. You may want to consider lengthening your throttle wiring, though. Looks too short to enable a full range of movement. I felt my wires were too short also. 6" more would really help and be safer.

Hi yes your quiet right I have relocated so now it comes out of the top which gives more freedom
But I think another 6 to 8 inches would be better for the kits
Regards
Dave

2 Likes

what was the total cost for all the equip and i see you have 4 batterys as im shifting from petrol to one of these im on the waiting list

Hi Steve
Motors and frame £2750
Harness… £ 400
4 x batteries… £ 873
Dual charger… £ 285

Then you need a wing
Regards
Dave

Hi, when you list costs, don’t forget the tax.
Here in Europe you have to add Value Added Tax plus Import Duty plus customs/handlers service cost. Here in the Netherlands the VAT is 21% and the ID is 2,7%. Which is very significant money on a package of $3.500-4.500 (incl batteries and shipping cost).

The smaller the package is, the better chance it slips through Customs. One friend in the Netherlands bought the pre-assembled version and had to pay € 840 tax, while another bought the kit with almost the same value but much smaller volume and unrecognizable as something valuable, and had to pay only € 48 tax.

1 Like

Yep your quiet right this makes you think twice about importing anything anymore and they keep the package until you pay the randsom…doesn’t promote trade between countries…absolute robbery

5 Likes

Hey just to say great to see another Openppg Unit up there well done , thanks for posting the clip … have to ask Dave , whats your all up flight weight with this kit and what size wing are you using … Cheers

will weigh the gear and let you know
D

My mark 2

quick release Battery enclosure

2 Likes

And for 8 x Bonkas

1 Like

8 battery setup??? First one I’ve seen so far. Very cool!

Very interested in your weight and flight time stats.

And a short video tour of your setup showing how you put it together would be really awesome.

I would love to know more about the battery boxes and quick release. How does the quick release work?

2 Likes

Dave, where did you source getting your materials for your battery boxes? They look great.

Here is a few shots of the battery box build and a close up of the one turn quick release

20181109_125853 on Vimeo

1 Like

Badass Pro looking
Great Job!
Cheers, Patrick

1 Like

6 Likes