ComPPG - something fishy - an Open Letter to Paul

Same here brother…whenever u get chance! :man_dancing:

1 Like

I “almost” speak your language - which is pretty amazing since I don’t know what language it is! But in Dutch we also have that saying: “Rome is niet in een dag gebouwd!” :slight_smile: I guess the same goes for building an electric powered paraglider. I think what Pdwhite (and others) are doing deserves some patience…

1 Like

@ahlidap, you joined this community Feb. 26

@E-pusher, you joined a month ago (March 16th)

@Oldskydiver, you joined a month ago (March 18th).

I am following this project since early december, and myself and others have asked a couple of times already. So if you order some parts, are the specs (and 3D files) for these parts not readily available, otherwise you could not have ordered them in the first place?

@ahlidap @E-pusher @Oldskydiver When you have had 4 months of patience, and the summer is almost over, then you can tell me again whether I should have some patience.

I can fly on my 2 stroke paramotor today, but I don’t see a reason why I should not receive those files in the next few days, so that I can start my build, and fly that thing in two months or so?

There is no reason to have bulky parts, such as the CNC milled carbon fiber plates shipped from the US to Germany, if they can be easily manufactured by myself here locally. That’s the idea behind the OpenSource idea, and @Pdwhite has confirmed wanting to continue that road.

@quarksurfer have you ever eaten a “buche au marron” (a french chestnut/chocolate cake" ?
If not, can you prove unequivocally that YOU have never eaten it or will never eat it in the future?

How can somebody prove something that he/she has not done or will not do?

I guess as I am in no rush I cant really argue the point for having patience - if I were wanting to do this now and had the means I might be jumping up and down for the files.
Cheers, Patrick

ha ha ha… that’s kinda exactly how I feel right now!

@quarksurfer have you ever eaten a “buche au marron”

@etienne I was being satirical in my earlier post, I think @E-pusher caught that and was playing along. I agree you can’t prove a negative…but that’s what OP was asking of PDWhite when he asked him to prove this isn’t a marketing trick. I was teasing OP, satirically, hence my silly labels; 1, B, C, $.

The cake sounds tasty!

Hi folks, Paul, I believe you should consider selling the files( 50 dollars?) you put a lot of work and time on this project! I live in Brazil and our exchange rate and import tax makes the ordering very unatractive, final price being close to a nice second hand gas paramotor. and I believe many people are in the same situation as I am. Peace.

1 Like

Im not going to sell the files as that would undermined my initial intent of making PPG affordably and easy for everyone.

3 Likes

I appreciate your intent, just bear in mind that import tax, exchange rate and shipping fees makes importing very expensive, having said that, please consider making the files available in the near future, you have done a great job Paul.

@quarksurfer - sorry I did not catch your satire. (It can be hard without the sound of the voice and the facial expressions)
yeah, that cake has a special taste, but it’s a great treat around christmas and new year’s eve.

Everyone: @Pdwhite has kept his promise and sent me the files. Thank you Paul!

I’ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

I recently spoke to a trainer, asking questions about training, the price of gear, etc, and he said to hold off on getting a paramotor for a while because someone made an electric one (and I was like uh-huh, I know exactly what you’re talking about). He said one of his friends in Pennsylvania bought two of them to test, and if all goes, well, produce commercially. While I do feel somewhat sorry for Paul he did say his wish is to make it easy and affordable for everyone, and the more people that make them, the more the price will come down. I really appreciate @Pdwhite making the files open source, and I feel that is what is going to bring this product to the market in one way or another, unlike so many others that have fizzled out and died.
On a side note, this does confirm that he did indeed make a first batch, and his word holds true.

It sounds like I’m the buyer in Pennsylvania, and the instructor is Kevin McKelvey. Kevin and I are both very excited about OpenPPG (I did buy 2), but we currently have no intention of opening any sort of manufacturing facility. Anything we promote will be made by Paul at this point.

2 Likes

@NickAntonaccio that’s great to hear that you are one of the two people who purchased from Batch 1
Please make sure to take some pictures of you putting everything together and possibly a video from your first flight.

As I mentioned also, I already have received the 3D files in the meantime, so @Pdwhite has been truthful all along and in my opinion @stefan’s questions had been throughly answered.

My suggestion is to “close” this thread and nobody adds anything to it, so that it is not constantly being pushed to the top again.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.