Coaching ppg at the south shore

You will not see my OpenPPG in flight because my camera read empty by the time I was ready to fly. I filmed the Motor-heads I was helping last weekend and put this little vid together of a fun cold day at the Long Island south shore in New York. You will spot the OpenPPG from place to place and hear a couple tiny “beeps” at the very end telling me it was time to fly. The camera shut off during the inflation😩.
About half of those guys are waiting for the SP-140 and you will know one of the reasons why at minute 0:40 :joy: A COLD DECEMBER FUN FLYING DAY AT THE SHORE - YouTube

3 Likes

Thank you for the cool video

Why do you use the blue tape at the net?

Blue tape: I had designed a hoop reinforcement system which actually works pretty well but because it is made of 4 aluminum strips (one for each quadrant overlapping the original junctions points), the ends of the bent strips were catching the lines during forward inflations. I was getting really frustrated by this problem limiting me to only do reversed. I tried various contraptions that were getting to complicated when one day I spotted a roll of blue tape in my shop. It was the solution because it is thin and would shape like a ramp from the top of the original hoop tubing to the surface of the aluminum strips about 3mm thick😃 It is not the prettiest thing to look at but that is the least of my concerns. Now, the lines glide right over the tape and the glider can keep climbing overhead.
Phil

1 Like