CloudPandarism battery

Hi All
I followed SP140 development for some year and recently also CloudPandarism video and now personally chatting with him. He is a nice German guy with a developers mind and made some nice units. Talkon battery etc. Here is what he got on the unit:
+/- 19kg ready to fly 30-35 min with 2kwh lightweight pack
+/- 26.5kg ready to fly 70 minutes with dual lightweight 2kwh battery = 4kwh
+/- 21.5kg ready to fly 40-45 minutes with 2.7kwh battery
+/- 32.5kg ready to fly 80-90 minutes with dual 2.7kwh battery = 5.4kwh battery
+/- 37.5kg ready to fly 120-135 minutes with dual mixed battery pack (2.7kwh + 4kwh = 6.7kwh combined)"

Battery is different non cylinder DJ1 pouch cell.
Anybody else follow him : "google: panda electric ppg
he has wireless control and temp measure on battery which I think is nice. Maybe early days but promesing

Let me hear your thoughts

Regards
Jannik

2 Likes

I have also been following his channel and because I’m very new to batteries and electric motors I would also be interested in other people’s thoughts. The specs he has provided do look very nice.

1 Like

I think many follow his work, me included. He added some nice features to the units and the lightweight is a big plus.
I saw the flight test and they are promising.

2 Likes

Which surprises me a little why no one shows it and is always just written about. It is also very interesting that some people seem to be able to actually use the entire capacity of a battery without any loss when discharging it. In Central Europe it is currently not possible, maybe we are all doing something wrong? can be so.

1 Like

Griaß di thomas,
warum der sarkasmus? natürlich ist das einkalkuliert. wetter ist schrecklich hier seid monaten. sonst würde ich ungeschnittene videos hochladen. beim test flug vom 22Ah pack waren es 35 min flugzeit mit dem ultra leichten prototypen. wenn ich den zweiten identischen akku dazu nehme sollten es allein deshalb schon 70 min sein weil die last zwischen den beiden packs halbiert ist. weniger wärme. mehr flugzeit. eingestellt waren 18Ah im display. dann haben wir 4Ah für verluste eingerechnet.

i am sure you guys doing everything right and i can say without worry that we seem to be still in the same dimension since its not just impossible in europe but also here where i test these packs.
check my videos. i am not trying to sell anything. just testing and trying to push the limits. if flight time is shorter than calculated one day i have no problem to admit that. cheers mate° :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi Bratwurst
Greetings from Denmark
I believe Panda did show some flight time on the 4 KW here

2x ½hour with 27% left. So an hour should be fair to say :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Jannik

1 Like

I have been reading very good performance values from all over the world for over 10 years. But to date, no one has ever shown it in real life, so I think it’s better to just write something that can be reproduced at any time. Mathematically you can calculate a flight time if you have all the values available, that’s right. as an example. If an average power of 4 kilowatts is necessary for the level flight and the pilot is flying at 150 meters above the ground, he will actually fly for a maximum of 45 minutes with a 4 kW/h battery and not 1 hour as many theorists at their desk think… for example The voltage level changes and with it the efficiency in the entire system. I congratulate everyone who takes e-ppg further. I don’t believe in advertising that will perhaps be corrected later at some point as it has only unsettled those interested for years and put e-ppg in a bad light. truth and facts :slight_smile:

1 Like

i agree and can understand your frustration. i saw others claiming the same but they didnt even post 1 video. at least i am trying to upload regular and show actual progress instead of just doing the keyboard warrior style. if i am wrong so be it. no shame in admitting it. i already reached 35 min flight time on a 2kwh pack but i also fail to see how that happened. and that day i didnt flew the unit but another guy and he didnt want answer any questions on the radio while flying so i had no clue what he did. how much power for leveled flight and if he went off on a little thermal session nearby. i couldnt see him for 15 min.
i believe 60min+ can be done with a unit lighter than anything on market right now. i made some uncut clips showing a guy fly up and down the beach with grey sky in roller coaster air is super boring just to proof a point. i will make a video as soon as i get the chance. last months was total nonsense here. rain and storms almost daily. some tiny windows to fly but none of my guys had time. and if i get my fat ass up i need 5-6kw for leveled flight so there is no reason to even try it. plus i would have a proper barf session for everything beyond 45 min in air. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :rofl:
so bare with me! video is coming. whatever happens, i will continue to develop on EPPGs.
if i get the chance to bring this project to life i will do the complete opposite from what everybody else does. over advertise and then under perform.
i think it would be better to write actual flight times from the worst case scenario and pilots end up being positively surprised when they reach flight times far beyond that. whatever it might be in the end. putting an end to that bad light shining on us electric pilots. we will see…

3 Likes