Blimp Drive dual motor, frameless paramotor

And the famous Peter Sripol is also experimenting with a similar concept. Except his is still on a back mounted frame. Actions over words.

2 Likes

Yes you beat me to posting that.
The vid is even crazier, lol.
He really needs to complete his stuff, like putting a net over the blades so he doesn’t stick his hand in there.
Why fly with one cage when you can fly with two, lol

He’s even using an OpenPPG SP140 controller :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

that is possible. I saw in another post that he purchased the same equipment that the original person that built one of these used.
It baffles me why they didn’t just put the motors on something they can just hang from their back like a back pack.
I sort of understand why the girl chose to use that pole, she didn’t intend to fly any distance with it. I can see plenty of dangers not only for him but for anyone that gets near it. but not for me to say, he is copying what she made.

here is some information about the history of the 2 motor systems. the blimp system was tested about 6 years ago in switzerland and also in austria. there were a few videos of it on facebook at the time. basically 2 motor is very old. in the video an example by hannes. there are some with a petrol engine that are very similar from 1998 in malorca by a german who used 2 king 90cc engines each. Even then, the system was attached to the carabiner in the center of gravity and had a simple rod. there are certainly many more examples, some of which can no longer be found on the internet. You can certainly find some of them in French paraglider magazines. should just be an information.

You should have the triple guide wires connect to the main hoop much the same way a bridge runs steel cables

Personally I think the way you designed it right now the guide guards will have a tendancy to flex and bow so you should have three separate holes to be able to adjust tension of each guide wire You should 3d print a captive nut guide for each guide cable to attach to the carbon guide guard.

Another critique the way you have it designed currently the guide guards are blocking airflow unnecessarily rotate it 90 degrees and get rid of the large holes. This might actually make the airflow cleaner by having a sort of quarter duct design and the tension flex would be away from the prop.

If you already ordered the cnc carbon parts that’s a shame.

This design I would be much more worried about line chops and have the carbon guide guard placement higher. I wouldn’t be worried about leg chops and ground strikes don’t let other’s be buzzkill safety nazis.

1 Like

This topic has been unlisted, so be it. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, and maybe it is too dangerous. but here is my recent video.

I don’t understand the “unlisting” part either. I too have had a topic unlisted. Controlling the message is not very “open”.