Battery constantly sliding out

Hey there,

Is anyone else experiencing a loose battery in the SP140? I just have to bend over the wrong way and the battery comes sliding toward my head. Recently I had a rougher landing and it even slid out so much that the power disconnected.

Did I miss anything during Setup or assembly? Has Anyone come up with a creative solution for this?

Thanks,
Julius

1 Like

I have not run into this problem, but that is an easy fix…use a Velcro strap over the top. I don’t use one on my SP140, but I do use an 1 1/2" Velcro strap my X4 to hold the battery assembly in place…and it weighs about 22lbs.:+1:
Good luck!
Bill

1 Like

This happened to me twice. Tripped once on take off and then tripped again on landing. Battery slid out the top and disconnected. Since then I’ve put a 2” wide velcro strap around it. Same velcro that came with one of my gliders. I double the use of this strap to keep the prop from spinning while it’s on my car rack.

3 Likes

It’s happened to me when setting up. I’ve gotten better at not doing it. I have a click strap, that I seldom use, but I like the velcro idea better. I’m going to try that.

1 Like