Batch 6 is live

What is the estimated thrust on the production model? Thanks.

if you want to compare different systems by price, you have to 1. know many systems yourself, not just from the internet or from pictures. 2 have the know-how to understand all systems exactly and have the measuring devices. 3 evaluate all log data to be able to compare the performance. 4. see if every provider pays taxes and has registered a company and gives a legal guarantee and product liability. 5 whether the parts used are from the manufacturer, e.g. Motor, ESC are approved for aviation. 6. the battery has a 38.3 certification. 7. The entire system is tested for electromagnetic radiation. 8. All parts are CE certified. 9. All necessary protective circuits are used to protect the pilot. 10. does the system have a complete system that shows the pilot all values ​​during the flight, such as state off charge, temperature in the battery, etc. 11. the seller provides basic training on eppg technically at the airport. if these data are the same, you can talk about price comparisons. otherwise not. otherwise you can only compare the components by price. But here, too, one has to differentiate between aviation industry tested and china products without testing and certificates. you can fly with anything. when comparing you should be honest.

1 Like

Sorry, bratwurst, but your advice would only work in a mature industry where the commercial playing field has been regulated and has already leveled itself. It cannot apply in a fledgling industry where new developments are still occurring frequently and much DIY work is contributing to it. OpenPPG is an example of both. Much of the data you recommend comparing is not available, and many of the supporting devices will never be “certified” because it is a personal sporting activity that presumes personal responsibility for all risks. You cite training at airports and aviation industry testing, which are not applicable to a flying activity that launches ad-hoc from beaches and mountain cliffs. The training environment is entirely different, and it is by design not regulated. Granted that such an operating environment makes the process of comparison much more complicated, and the criteria you cite are certainly worthwhile where such information can be obtained. But the lack of such formal measures doesn’t necessarily imply lesser pricing. It may imply only recency of development. I realize that this situation is terribly frustrating, but it is our current environment, nonetheless.

2 Likes

i understand your point of view. I am purely about the fact that one should be honest when comparing. I have been building eppg in my small hobby workshop since 2011. I also know pretty much all commercial projects worldwide, I know the way to a series product because I also did it myself for a company 2016-2019. often we are mispriced diy private developers. Many believe we would be paid for our thousands of hours of development in our hobby workshops. that’s not true. it is often because if you do good manual skills and designs that it “looks too professional” some other diy are jealous. I find it quite simply unfair when I hear: “commercial eppg are too expensive. or not worth the money. or it is compared what cannot be compared.” and quality has its justified price. Many will understand that at some point. Unfortunately, eppg is almost always about money. not really about the dream of flying and the quiet, quiet style that is only possible with eppg. but i am hoping it will be different. many think differently after a closer look.

1 Like

Very nice indeed. Is there a reserve waitlist or something? I am more than happy to send $100 to be amongst the first to get one.

The best way is to add your email to the list to get notified when the SP140 is available.
Signup link

Hey I know you guys are super busy right now but when you get time need the four hinge clasp knobs and the washers bolt and springs theymount with in order to finish my new batch 4 build. I can come up with the
bolts myself but the knob clasps themselves and the little washers that fit into them I’ll definitely need. Thanks in advance.

Hi, for a partial order of only motors and electronics will be included in Batch 6 ? How should i proceed ?
Thanks
Attila

For order questions and specific help please email us @ info@openppg.com
This isn’t related to the new batch so let’s keep it on topic and allow us to help you on each order.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.