75 min with 4 x Bonkas 7s!

Disclaimer: I fly a “paragliding” Ozone Rush 4 wing.

So yesterday, finally I could make it: use the openppg to get me to about 300m, and then start the magic carpet ride from thermal to thermal. It took only 3 mins to lift-up and catch the first thermal up-to 950m.

XCContest Log

I flew 55 mins and got my hand real cold, so decided to get back down to ground to get warm and replace with better gloves. On the second launch the wind had gone up and shredded the thermals. But since I still had 54V in the packs, I could get a decent 20 mins of play around the airfield.

XCContest Log

Soaring the openPPG is really cool. The Dudek harness gives very decent weight shift response, and the whole frame does not feel like it is dragging much through the air. Really chuffed to have got my first decent flight, and looking forward to many more! The thermals are really strong in our area, I can foresee 3hrs+ flights in the coming months! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is my plan too !The thermalling feeling is the same,as with a regular harness ?( I fly impress 3)

I would say that the feeling is a bit stiffer than with a regular harness, as the Dudek does not wrap around you. It is not as intuitive to feel which way the canopy is being lifted. Centering is also a little more difficult since weight shift does not register on the canopy as strongly. But once you get used to the slightly larger turn radius, things are fine.

1 Like

Good to hear; this is the exact reason i am getting the openppg

1 Like