13S15P Battery Pack Build

when I bought a charger, I did not really think about it or even calculated any charge times.
I bought a simple ebike changer with the correct voltage. They had two choices 4A and 6A.

As I said, I did not think much (which I really should do more, before I take decisions), so I just decided, let’s take the 6A one. unfortunately, logically 6A is still not much, so it does take quite some time, probably around 7 hours?

I think, however, it would not make much difference: If I want to go fly, I either have charged the battery, or I haven’t :-). If I haven’t, then it does not make a difference whether I have to wait 7 hours or 5 hours :slight_smile: … the day will be over.

In regards to charging: I just connect to either one of the red and black one. It does not make a difference, charging current is so low, and all four cables go to the same battery, so no need for a Y-connector.

That’s pretty much same thought I had. No need to buy a high current charger since it’s hard on battery plus won’t be charging it up at a field.

Thanks for info!

Also do you push your battery to the max lower voltage of 2.5v? Seems to be conflicting information online about 2.5v being the min vs 3v being min for 18650 cells. I know the manual says 2.5v is minimum. I’m guessing the 3a capacity of lghg2 was calculated by using voltage range of 4.2 to 2.5 so if we don’t go down to 2.5 then we are not utilizing full capacity of the pack.

yeah, I’ve set the minimum at 2.5V.
That’s what the specs of the LG HG2 says.

info about 18650 cells in general is not as relevant as the specific specs sheet for the LG HG2

1 Like

4153412281. kevingraehl@gmail.com

Or here.

Who did you laser cutting?

I need to cut nickel
@etienne

You’re referring to the cutting of the nickel strips, that I did a while ago?

As I mentioned, I have access to a fibre laser that can engrave metal and even cut it if it’s not too thick.

The laser system is used in the business that I happen to own: www.looxis.de

Gotcha. I’m looking to buy a fiber laser. Here in the USA, ship from China.

Cutting .2mm Nickel and copper

Or even better, a last that will fit in my shapeko xxl

50 watt?

Is that minute/pound a minute of climbing, or a minute in the air (including gliding down), or a minute in the (including catching thermals), or … ?

That’s with the most conservative flying and is time in the air. With no other lift (late in the evening when the air is most calm) if you hit full throttle up to 3000 feet and then glide down your flight will be a little shorter than if you maintain level flight under power the entire flight.