Heavy Trike setup?

small correspondence. a mgm 500 A (trike or two-seater trike) hbc costs around 1900 euros. a 250A (foot start or light trike) around 1100.-

I made a high estimate. The Bonkas were $1k USD for four batteries thatā€™s about 2kwh so $500/ kwh.
$6k for 12kwh plus shipping, taxes.

LiFe batteries are cheaper I guess. Especially if youā€™re building your own pack.

Me either. :grin:

Was just guessing that your setup in the video was carying 8kwh of battery since it used 6kwh in flight. Per above Iā€™m working with a $500/kwh cost plus taxes and shipping which I now see is way high for LiFe batteries.

unfortunately i donā€™t know LiFe batteries. therefore I do not understand your postings. I also donā€™t understand why you want to compare bonkas with Li-Ion technology. Do you mean to say that you are very rich because you fly with bonkas that are 3 times more expensive than Li-Ion or something is your message?

Was I that far out?!!? :cry: :blush:
Lets seeā€¦ Bob quoted Molicel P42A cells (Li-Ion?) at $4.50 each for 840 cells so $315/kwh for cells and you have to build a pack so around $4k USD plus taxes and shipping for a 12kwh pack.

I didnā€™t intend to compare LiPos to LiFe but mistakenly used Bonka prices to get an (admittedly very high) estimate for a 12kwh pack. The 7Cell Bonkas are $250 on this site. Theyā€™re just over 0.5kwh so $500USD/kwh for LiPos (Bonkas are very very reasonably priced LiPos) ready to plug in. Thatā€™s $6K for a 12 kwh pack. Not at all sure why I padded that figure by $1000. Probably thinking in CDN.

So Bonkas are 150% of the price of the Molicels for similar kwh capacity.

Iā€™ve shopped for prebuilt Li-Ion packs. They typically come with a heavy case and built in BMS and are not able to deliver the 250-300amps that my X4 requires for climb. A DIY LiFe pack is certainly possible and seems to be cheaper than the Bonkas.

OK my point above wasā€¦ I forgetā€¦ Really did get off topic didnā€™t I? Very sorry.

1 Like

Too bad it is not for sale. In your opinion, which commercially available eppg single trike, motor, battery, wing, comm/navigation, combination comes close to your ideal?
My understanding is FB X1 is not available yet.
Are there any battery powered trikes?
Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Hi,

if you want a complete ready-to-fly version light trike. there is exomo.
paracell can deliver you a light trike and all sizes above are custom made up to 2 seater.
fresh breeze offers the x-one with the hacker setup is similar to my setup.
geiger offers ready-made setups without a trike. you have to get the trike yourself.

mgm offers setups with rotex motors without a trike. you have to do the programming yourself.

rotex offers setups with mgm esc even without programming.

all of the above use materials for aviation sports.

all work very well.

wings work very well all hybrids like Advance Epsilon 8/9, Nova Ion, Ozone Kona / Kona 2, and all similar ones. Mostly big enough. Mostly the size L or XL (30-32 m2) or small tandem wings like Nova Bion 37, BGD DUAL if the total weight is over 180 kg.

The most important thing is to use a propeller with at least 150 cm if you want to fly for a long time.

You get the absolute maximum when you build or buy a trike yourself and buy a drive set that exactly matches your flying style. if you want to fly for a long time you only need a maximum of 13-15 kw for take-off and about 6-7 kw for the flight. if you often want to go to great heights, it is better to use an 18-20 kw setup because you can then use 12-14 kilowatts of power for a long time. without the motor getting hot. Hacker, Rotex and Geiger have the right motor in every size.

If someone wants to explain that to you, for example. a 5 kilogram motor has 20 kilowatts of power, itā€™s a lie. In other words. around 3 kilowatts of continuous output per kilogram of motor are realistic. when the seutup is very well coordinated.

2 Likes