Xcontest new categorie

hi guys, in xcontest it is now also possible to upload e-ppg and e-trike flights. I donate a patch “electric motor pilot” to the first 3 pilots who upload their flight. the pilot then only has to send me his address so that I can send the patch by post. Best regards

2 Likes

It is live sine the start of the 2021 season.

Once again thanks to XContest team for quickly implementing it + adjusting it to the FAI classes. XCTrack has also been extended to make submission of flight easy to sort it into the right bucket (L/F, 1/2, T/E). Of course this can also be done after submitting it (preferably before publishing).
I usually submit a flight right after landing, but publish only after I adjusted launch site and added some details. Especially some weather and wind info are useful to understand the track of a long flight better.

Sadly there has not been much activity yet for electric.

+1 to @bratwurst
I really hope we will see some flight submissions during this year. It will be super interesting to see how much of the “up to 60 Minutes” can be archived with the SP140 and other machines on what type of wing.

unfortunately the upload has not worked so far with elektro. I submitted a test yesterday. after a long wait it worked with a vario (volirium). Xc soar and all other apps or varios have not yet allowed uploads in the electrical category. As far as I know, other pilots also tried to upload something and it was not possible. think
that it works now.

It probably takes while until the vendors offer new firmware for devices or update their apps.
If you can submit to the PPG section at all, then you should be able to move a flight from thermal to electric later.

1. Submit the flight (perferably do not select “public” yet if your app/device does offer this)
  2. Go to XContest.org Paramotors section and login
  3. Select “My flights” on the right side menu and click edit under actions for the flight
  4. Adjust FAI class (foot launch / land plane = trike) if needed and pick “electric”:
  5. Click “Send!” below to save your changes.

who is interested can take a look at the pictures that I upload to flights. in the link a frame buildt with full carbon hoop aerodynamik tuned. as well as technical values with different wings. currently i can fly the dudek boson. very good speed -combinations are possible in the performance range of the fullreflex wing.

Nice!
The slim aerodynamic frame looks really good!
Looking forward to see more of your flight on XContest @bratwurst .

yes xcontest is a nice thing. for a few years my goal at eppg was a long flight. the flight time is now long enough because you only have limited free time after work. now my focus is on maximum distance to be achieved with eppg and e-trike. because you not only need a good setup, you also have to pay close attention to the wind and be able to fly accurately. it is also fun to try out new wings to see how well they go together with eppg and xc. as soon as i have my own wing i will start using all the batteries with the trike. I am already very excited. the clothes for the cold season are already prepared. As you know as an expert at xc, it is already very cold in winter from 50 km / h upwards.

hello pilots,

some people will ask themselves why so few are uploaded in the electric category. the answer could be: that many do not want a ranking together with petrol engine colleagues in a category that is actually intended for electric ppg. it’s a pity that there is no discipline and fairness on the part of petrol engine colleagues. maybe there will be a platform for electric in the next few years that will enable us to upload purely electric flights. Best regards

I don’t think so. I check all flights today and could not find a single one which is clearly suspicious of being a petrol driven flight.
Also there is no point in faking this data. Of course it might happen that someone submits a flight to the wrong category, but that can as well be corrected afterwards.

Personally I believe that there are so few flights because:
a) e-ppg is still below 1% of the PPG pilot out there => no surprise there are not many flights yet
b) most people don’t care about sharing their flights
c) e-ppg is not as competitive as ppg and far away from regular pg

hello, it still worked in 2021 and the pilot who uploaded his flights in elecric with a petrol engine corrected his flights after my request. the xcontest team also reacted to this and was able to understand it. it is neither important for me nor for friendly eppg pilots whether xcontest is done honestly. the xcontest team has no interest in honesty. we don’t participate anymore. the standard ppg class is enough to see the flights. all is well. eppg is a nice hobby sport. No competition.