Mad50 34 or 40 kv?

Hello and thanks for the forum,

The mad50 motor loking great for paramotor, do you know wich version is better with 130-140 cm propeller ? 34Kv or 40Kv ?

And for same Rpm, thrust and propeller do 34kv is more effective than 40kv ?

i designed the 3d motor if somone looking for. stl

FB_IMG_1609441464619|690x248

Thanks for help :slight_smile:
Have an happy new year !

I would personally take the 40kv as you can get more thrust from it, but the 35kv would work fine as long as you are okay with only getting about 150 lbs thrust.

deleted that does not match openppg.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for reply :slight_smile: I understand better the advantage of lower Kv.

Have a nice day

1 Like

deleted that does not match openppg.

Based on thrust tables the 34kv version seems to be a hair over 1% more efficient than the 40kv version at ~4.7 kw power. Even if it turns out to be a 3% efficiency difference, it would still only decrease flight time by about 1 minute 30 seconds at a cruise if you have a 4 kwh battery. So for someone like me who lives 5000 feet in elevation, would like to use smaller and faster wings, and have tandem capabilities, the 40kv motor would work better for me. If you are someone like Bratwurst who is building E-PPG´s that can fly for 75+ minutes and endurance/low noise is the bigger focus and you don´t need extra thrust, go with the 34kv motor.

I would also like to point out that the 40kv motor has the capablilities of pulling upwards of 260 amps so you would likely need a 300 amp esc, but it would be nearly impossible to push the 34kv motor higher than 200 amps so you could use a lower current 200 amp ESC and a slightly lower current battery if needed which could potentially save you over $800 USD.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks again for help :slight_smile:

So bigger propeller, lower Kv = more flight time. Smaller proppeler, higher Kv = more thrust.

I didn’t know about the ESC adjustement, So this is a litlle bit like a fuel engine when the ignition must be in advance depending the engine 's rpm ?

1 Like

About that, what is the KV rating of the motors used on the SP140?

it is 40
Cheers

1 Like

My motor says 34 kV.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 15 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.